28 June 2017

Amsterdam-Noord

I'll just preface this with the cold, hard facts: I didn't go to Red Light District nor did I indulge in any herbal plants. So let's see what else Amsterdam has to offer...

Day 1

The first stop of my trip was in Amsterdam, and I stayed with my sister in Amsterdam-Noord, which turned out to be a blessing.



My first day consisted of my groggily getting off the airplane and navigating our way through the station to pick up a transit card, and then weaving through the hordes of tourists with my luggage in order to get some frites. Upon my sister's recommendation, I tried the patatje oorlog, while she got the Mannekin Pis sauce.



We took the ferry to Amsterdam Noord, and settled in for a cup of tea and stroopwafels. The interior of her apartment was gorgeous, with plenty of natural light and endless greenery, evidently a new hobby of hers.

We caught up for a bit and then once her boyfriend was home, we all took a ride around the Noord.




We headed to De Ceuvel, a former shipyard that has been turned into a creative workspace, with the aim of giving a second life to the brownfield using sustainable technology.

We headed to NDSM Wharf after, but there was a concert going on, so unfortunately the area was closed off.




We settled in at Oedipus Brewery and the attached Beef Chief for dinner. These were seriously delicious burgers, and furthermore, really delicious beer. I could see myself drinking a lot more beer here... or maybe the same amount seeing as the price tag runs higher here.





After a quick run to Jumbo for groceries, my first day in Amsterdam came to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment