4 March 2017

Back to BC

We left our hotel in the early hours and trekked over to the train station. I left to get everyone coffee, and I won't lie - it was my first time ordering coffee. I honestly didn't know what just 'plain coffee' was on their menu, and I had to guesstimate what "one cream, one sugar" meant. I had another London Fog as caffeine and I were still not terribly friendly.



After confusing the heck out of the man who handed out seat numbers, we boarded and were pleasantly surprised to find we had a table. We shared our seat with a Californian who shared the same birth year as us and lent pens to all the Americans who didn't have one for the customs declaration.

"Welcome home, ladies."

We went to find our Airbnb and then headed out for the day. As I wasn't feeling too well, I skipped out on the cycling adventures and went around for a peaceful roam of downtown Vancouver.








I first headed to the library and got a pass and stayed there to catch up on journal-ing for a couple of hours. Later, I went to downtown to eat and read in a dusty bookstore that was piled with books. I decided to visit the lovely lady at Treasure Green Tea Company again, and refreshed with a green tea mojito. The walk took me outside to Science World, and I began walking up the path that I cycled last month; I ended up walking almost the entire length of Stanley Park before my friends informed me there were done and we met up for ramen.






The next day my friend was tired of our nonstop adventures and was ready for a little downtime; we headed to Richmond via the SkyTrain and hit up Daiso and H-Mart and ate a lot more. I found my coveted Honey Butter Chips and we met up back downtown for sushi at Miku. I met up with another friend for bubble tea at Bubble World, which really brought us back to the drinks of our high school times. That night, I slapped on a face mask I bought earlier and passed out.




On our final morning in Vancouver, we headed to Cafe Medina for some delicious liege waffles and saw the cutest little boy who was covered in chocolate and broke out into the biggest grin when he saw us.

We then headed back to pack up and await our new ride...


No comments:

Post a Comment